- "Till There was You" - The Beatles
- "For One in My Life" - Stevie Wonder
- "I'm Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody" - Louis Prima
- "In a Sentimental Mood" - Sonny Rollins with the Modern Jazz Quartet
- "Look for the Silver Lining" - Chet Baker
- "Heart and Soul" - Joe Williams with George Shearing
- "Bye Bye Blackbird" - Miles Davis Quintet
- "I Almost Lost My Mind" - Jimmy Smith with Stanley Turrentine
- "Teach Me Tonight" - Count Basie and Sammy Davis, Jr.
- "There Will Never Be Another You" - Chet Baker
Thursday, August 4, 2011
I've been feeling a little off lately, for reasons I won't get into. Below is a list of some of the songs I listen to when I don't feel quite right. They're also songs I would listen to anytime, and do. Most of them make me feel wistfully, yet hopefully, romantic. The feeling doesn't last long, and it's not a cure, but I'm often surprised that I can get it. A lot of these songs I've returned to again and again through the years.